Velogal's Blog

Friday, April 01, 2005

Awesome, awesome day! Totally cool - I got to ride on a moto for the entire 172k Oak Glen RR! I’ve done moto on some crit laps, but never for an entire stage. Outrageous - loved it! My driver was Fred Rau, who is well known both as a freelance writer and rider in the motorcycle world. Great driver and great machine. I had a blast and Fred later told me that I was so in sync with the machine that he hardly knew I was sitting behind him (that’s a nice compliment).

I see in the news that Discovery Channel has bought OLN! That is good news, I think, for us cycling fans. Keep your fingers crossed and think Giro and Vuelta - Oh Yeah! I also see that Dan Osipow has stepped up from Tailwind Sports to become the head honcho of OLN... Now that is some more good news for us to have the head guy at OLN be cycling-savvy and love cycling. Maybe we won’t spend our couch-potato time watching re-runs of fishing and bull riding. Myself, I watch all the gruesome and gory stuff on Discovery Health Channel when I’m bored...

One of the guys here saw my Lance tattoo and was just asking me about the Tour. He also asked me about Didi Senft, the Devil. What most people don’t know is that the Devil is so malodorous (he really smells bad) that you can hardly stand to be around him. I don’t think he has ever washed that devil costume - those summer July days in France are hot, hot, hot - well, you get the picture...


I am gonna try to get a bunch of pics up tomorrow morning. The crit doesn’t start till the afternoon, so I can get over here (Starbucks) to hook up for my java and wifi fix and upload a bunch of stuff.

2 Comments:

  • Sammarye,

    I just wanted to tell you how much I look forward to your updates - they really make my day. Keep up the great work. - Joan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:53 AM  

  • I'm pretty sure the Discovery-OLN story was just a wishful April Fool's joke by VeloNews. There's no sign of it at OLNTV.com, or at Discovery's page of press releases.

    (yosemite_sam_voice)Ooooooo, I HATES April Fools Day!(/yosemite_sam_voice)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home