Velogal's Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A whole lotta D-Men racing today. Lance finished with the pack at Paris-Camembert, placing 24th. Stijn just got pipped at the finish sprint and took a second in Stage 1 of Three Days of Panne. I think that Lance is getting the Fire in his Belly, and is gonna be a tiger again this year - once he gets fired up - he’s relentless. I think after Flanders, the guys will head back home and on to the Tour of Georgia. Lance is feeling real good and his form is coming along right on schedule now.

Got interviewed this morning by a freelance writer for Mountain Bike Mag for an article on overcoming fear and anxiety. Don’t know when, or if, it will be published. It’s always funny: I’ve been interviewed several times and the interview will last for 15 or 20 minutes, and then there will be two sentences from me in the article. And, if I’m lucky, I won’t be misquoted. Being a freelance writer, myself, I always like to cooperate with someone who takes the time and persistence to contact me a couple of times. Often when you contact someone for a story, the don’t even bother to respond to say no...

And speaking of writing, the final deadline for the Tour de France for Dummies book was yesterday, and now I’m waiting for the final PDF version to be sent to us for review. After that, it goes into production mucho pronto, and the release date is set for May 8th. I am looking forward to seeing how my images look in the book! And, I think the release for Michael Barry’s book (containing a few of my photos) is set to be in a couple of weeks. I guess some of my shots will still be in it - I haven’t heard anything different. This has been quite an experience, and I hope to continue writing more books. But... it's a ton of work and time, for sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home