Velogal's Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The applications to ride on the 2005 Tour of Hope Team have just opened up. The TOH ride across the country in support of cancer research will start on Sept 29th and end in DC on October 8th. The ride will start in San Diego this year, not Los Angeles like the past two years. Application deadline is April 20th. It is an incredible experience, so if you think you want to do it - get your application on its way. Need I say that Lance will be there?

The team is riding this week at Semana Catalana - Volodymyr Bileka took a fourth place in Stage 1. This guy is really riding like a champ for Discovery Channel. If you take a look at the races he’s done so far, he’s showing up in the top ten or top fifteen real often. He is gonna be a cycling star in his future - and the DC Directeur Sportifs are just the guys who can bring him along in the right way. I think the DC team will get stronger as the stages progress, but they have some tough competition there.

I almost forgot to tell you that I ordered the Sirius Radio special from the icon that is up on my Lance fan site, with the $30 rebate. I went one up from the $99 car only offer, and I got the car and home plug and play package for $169 and a year’s subscription - isn’t that what a plastic cc is for? I will be able to listen to Lance’s show whether I am driving at the races, or in some crummy motel. Plus the music choices are endless. I have to find out if I will be able to use it in France...

And I saw a press release that says Subaru is not going to feature Lance in their all new ad campaign with a completely different focus - they say they are going to utilize him in other ways. I dunno what that means, either. OK, I’m tuning up the last of the chapters that I worked on, so I gotta hit it hard right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home