Velogal's Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2005

This post is going to be short and sweet this morning - we are in the middle of the Author Review of the Tour de France for Dummies book. All is going well, and the final deadline for the book is rapidly approaching.

It’s actually very interesting to be involved with the production of two different books with similar deadlines, from two different publishing companies. Although my role in Michael Barry’s book, “Inside the Postal Bus” is simply providing Postie images, there are still lots of last-minute questions: who, what, when, where type things... Michael’s book is with VeloPress and the TdF for Dummies is with Wiley and Sons Publishing Company.

Counting zee leetle Podium Girl Gone Bad book, I am amazed to think that I am directly involved with three books on the market (or soon to be, anyway). If some fortune teller, or psychic, had told me a couple of years ago that I would be even remotely a part of a published book, much less be authoring one, I would have laughed my head off and asked for my money back.

But the Cycling Gods have smiled upon me in many ways, and I’m lovin’ every minute of it. Life is short, so be sure cycling comes first...

And a Happy St. Pat’s Day - especially to Andy, in Ireland, a good friend of the LAF and Unofficial Lance Fan Club!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home