Velogal's Blog

Monday, May 16, 2005

OK - Here’s the Monday morning Lance Armstrong Sirius Faction radio report. Can you say deja vu? Yep - another re-run of a previous show: the one right after P-N, I think. Higgs was in Austin and Lance was in Girona recuperating, and it was taped on a Friday for the Sunday show. So it was a tape within a tape, or something like that.

Just got an email from Eki - He says he is starting on one hour a day on his turbo and it feels good. He said to tell all Discovery Fans hello and that he will be back soon! Jeeze - I love this guy, I really do - he has so much determination, tenacity, grit and guts. You go, Eki - we’re all cheering for you, bigtime.....

I was just looking at the Girona Stage 8 ITT pics on grahamwatson.com. Graham has a great photo of Dave Z on the podium with two podie girls. I think possibly the best pic of Z that I’ve ever seen. Z’s got the biggest smile and doesn’t look the least bit tired after averaging 46kph on that challenging, narrow, twisty course. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the link page to see the podium pic....

Bummer - Tom Danielson, of our DC guys, abandoned the Giro real early into Stage 9. His knee has been bothering him a lot since Georgia - he’s mentioned it a few times, and has been riding in pain. Hope he stopped before he injured it more.... but... he was a prime domestique for Paolo in the Giro. Man, we are dogged by injuries this year!

4 Comments:

  • Hey there Velogal,
    Yes, another repeat. What bugs me about the repeats is that there's no explanations as to why. Meanwhile the silence around Lance is starting to sound deafening. I wonder what's up! Even the Paceline have not mentioned him for a week, and their guestbook is weeks behind. I just hope nothing's wrong.
    Ann

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:12 AM  

  • Thanks for the Eki update. I also really admire/love that man, he is an inspiration to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:31 PM  

  • I think the radio show was the one right after he dropped out of Paris-Nice and after his controversial comment about France and the Olympics. The only show I've missed is the one right after the prologue of Paris-Nice, the one where he came in 140th. I hope they repeat that one. I wonder why so many repeats. Mysterious...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:16 AM  

  • Hi Velogal,

    Just a theory....do you think Tom's knee is really hurt bad or this is just Discovery's attempt to confuse the TDF competition? I really hope he's OK.

    4score

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home