Velogal's Blog

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

What a race in Lancaster! Thunderstorms and sunshine and great racing. The Posties all rode hard and rode well. Everybody tested the Posties, but they hung tough, and Max charged in for the victory. Bobby Julich took a flyer on the last few laps, but could not sustain. John Lieswyn said in the press conference that the last few laps, there was a Postie second wheel everywhere. Said if anyone tried to attack, they took a Postie with them. Great riding by my guys – I love ‘em… There were a lot of muddy smiles on their fades – they knew that they all had a big part in Max’s win. I could see the determination on their faces as flew by me, after lap on the wet road.


Had really great volunteers in Lancaster – most of them are super folks who come back every year. They hung in thru the downpours and kept the riders safe. We could not do the race without them and I greatly appreciate every one of them.


I reluctantly left my Nikon 2DH at home and brought my little Sony Fv717. It does a nice job if I am close and nobody moves. When I work the races as the coordinator of volunteers, there is usually not much time to take pics, nor is it appropriate for me to spend very much time taking shots. I was also concerned that my expensive Nikon might get lifted when my back was turned. So my pics here at the Wachovia will be few and not great quality.


Check out the pics of Max winning in Wachovia-Lancaster at www.velogal.smugmug.com or click on the link on the right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home