Velogal's Blog

Thursday, May 06, 2004

I think that the Lance Chronicles are just great - I just love seeing all the places where I was with the Posties! Kinda like looking at the family album, I guess. I got a kick out of seeing a glimpse of my green Go Lance car parked beside the Postie truck in the parking lot at Solvang. Lots of TV exposure for Lance and friends. Heads Up - tomorrow night, Lance's Mom will appear on David Letterman Show.


Be sure and check out the article in USA Today about team sponsorship and the future of the team. According to Bill Stapleton, there are hundreds of US companies who have expressed interest in the title sponsorship when the USPS sponsorship ends. The article says that Lance is under contract thru 2005 to ride for the team, and then for two more years in a non-racing capacity. I betcha they would let him race in 2006 if he wants to!! The big deal next year is the new UCI reorganization of the Pro Tour that requires the teams to ride in all three Grand Tours, which will mean the team budget will increase substantially to cover the additional costs.


I just received the actual merchandise order with my Podium Girl Gone Bad logo - the thong is soo cute! Everybody who sees the PGGB stuff just loves it... Go to www.cafepress.com/pggb to have look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home