Velogal's Blog

Friday, April 23, 2004

I stayed the night in a crummy Super 8 Motel - as I walked to my car, CB and Ted Arnold pulled out. We just grinned and shrugged, "oh, well, it was cheap."
I am sitting on the upstairs veranda of the Race Media Center in Dahlonga. It overlooks the beautiful little Town Square, which is bustling with activity right now. Re-routed traffic, crowds, cyclists and expo tents. Local folks have already been sitting in their choice spots for a couple of hours, and it is still two more before the racers arrive.
The entire Town Square is set up for wireless Internet, so I am in Heaven, and the other media folks are also sitting all around the square, enjoying the lovely breeze and working outdoors. However, I am behind the Jumbotron, so I have to go down and check out the action. More after the race...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home