Velogal's Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

It seems like reporting on the big Tour de Georgia is taxing the knowledge base of many local reporters - I noticed that a local Macon writer talked about the "mousette food pouch" that the riders use. And I've seen more than one headline that says, "Lance Armstrong, Olympian" - Guess not everyone knows that he is a five-time Tour de France winner, or his Olympics history. A lot of folks are mistaking the bus driver for Lance when he leaves the bus. One lady asked me who was on that big ole bus - I told her Lance Armstrong and the Postal team. She said, "Well, I did not know Lance was on that team - don't that beat all?"

Thomaston was so proud of their involvement - what a nice bunch of folks in that town. Very helpful folks, however, I got three different versions of the directions to Columbus and ended up with a long detour. Beautiful country, tho. On the race Jumbo TV yesterday, a dog ran right in front of the two break-way riders. It just flew across the road and the crowd shrieked - a really close call. There are a lotta dogs in Georgia - I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.


I have a few miles to drive today, since I am staying in Rome - slight miscalculation on my part in mileage. It will be a preview for me of the Tour de France - the miles that I drive there from stage to stage are unbelievable... Maybe more later if I find a WiFi ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home