Velogal's Blog

Monday, April 19, 2004

Macon, Georgia - after one long day of traveling. Left my place at 4 am.
Car rental place in Athens airport was out of cars, so they gave me a Chrysler Seebring for the economy car rate. I think I will be visiting the gas pump pretty often. Lotsa power and I have a heavy foot on the gas pedal - I wanna stay on the good side of the Georgia State Police, for sure...

Race headquarters was pretty mellow, and I picked up my Press Credentials. Also stuffed my pockets with freebie Jelly-Bellies. I am addicted to those things.. Love 'em. Drove over to an economy motel that I had booked online - the upstairs railing was lined with seedy-looking guys drinking booze out of paper bags. Needless to say, I exited in a hurry. I expected everything to be booked solid, but I found a spot right next to the Posties, and with WiFi as a plus. What more could I ask?


I drove up this evening just in time to hear Lance holler Hi at me and take off to some kind of event. I had time to chat for a minute with Damon. He has such a great smile - he looks so happy and excited to be riding with Lance - I know Mike Creed is, too. They all piled into team cars with Johan, Dan Osipow and Mark Higgins. I think maybe it was some sponsor thing for the Tour of Georgia folks. I love the new look (paint job) on the team cars. I'll head downtown real early in the morning - I like being on the scene real early... FYI - The time stamp on these postings is California time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home