Velogal's Blog

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

As you can see, this was started before Redlands Bicycle Classic. My grand plans were to write in the Blog from there, but I soon discovered how time-consuming it is to review and upload photographs. I took 1897 pics with my new Nikon 2DH. Wow - I love this camera! But at least a couple of hours work after a long day of following the race. Not much time left for fun and games...


I spent several hours in the hospital with Dave Z and his great, supportive girlfriend. Z had road rash over most of his body and a couple of huge gouges on his face. His head got banged around pretty badly. All this and never a whimper from him - How stoic can you get? He is OK and is now on the mend.


The people in Redlands are just the best - so friendly and helpful. The volunteers refer to themselves as one big family, and some of them have volunteered all twenty years of the event! They were all so great to me...


My great discovery was the T-Mobile Hotspot at a near-by Starbucks. Since my Viao laptop is Centrino, I can WiFi dozens pics up to my website in a couple of minutes. So cool.... Hope there are lots of Starbucks in Georgia! I will be there with a Press Credential and my super Nikon.


The next race that I work will be the Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, CA from April 15 - 18. The Posties will not race this event, but I will be coordinating volunteers there. Maybe I can talk with you all about what a nail-biting chore it is to find 800 volunteers for an event with 12,000 registered participants and over 60,000 spectators.


So I may not be writing in this Blog every day - if there is no racing, I am not going to drone on about the weather and my grocery list to fill up space....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home