Velogal's Blog

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Hmmm - seems like the days have shot by since I've been back from Georgia and I haven't posted anything here. Man, I had so much stuff waiting for me to do!

So. I got a quick note from Dave Z, saying that he's doing well, and he will be racing the Tour of Belgium on May 19-23 with one of the Postie teams. Lance will be racing the Languedoc Rousillon at the same dates with another Postie team. Robbie is gonna do the Cap Tech Classic this Saturday, May 8th - don't know who, if anyone from the team, will be with him. There will be a Postie team at the Four Days of Dunkerque on May 5 -9. Lot of action from the Blue Train in May.


Right now, my cycling club, the Los Gatos Bicycle Racing Club, is in the final week before we put on the 30th Annual Cat's Hill Classic. Imagine! Thirty years without fail, this little club has put on a major cycling event that has drawn the likes of Greg Lemond, Dylan Casey, Eric Heiden, Bob Roll, Tony Cruz, Trent Klasna, Eric Wohlberg and a whole bunch of pro riders. No, Lance has never done this tough little crit.

I talked to Bob Roll at the Tour de Georgia, and asked him what his recollection was about Cat's Hill. Without batting an eye, he said, "When I saw Greg Lemond climb the Cat's, I knew that I was destined to be an also-ran." I also spoke with Davis Phinney in Georgia, and he called Cat's Hill the "quintessential cycling event in California." He is such a courageous person, and the effects of his Parkinson's Disease are becoming more noticible. He has had a lot of support in forming his Parkinson's Disease Foundation for research.... He is totally committed to the cause.


So here is a heads-up to look for Podium Girl Gone Bad to make her appearance a couple of places on the Net. Doing some testing and tweaking right now - I'll let you guys know when and where PGGB will appear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home