Velogal's Blog

Friday, April 30, 2004

It was so cool to watch the Lance Chronicles on OLN last night. A lot of the scenes were from the training camp in Southern California and I watched the filming of a whole bunch of the footage by OLN. For example, the sequences where Lance is riding alone along the road, I was driving right behind the film crew. Where the Shimano team car is following him, that is where I had been driving, and they just had moved up and passed me. I was driving right behind the crew in all the sequences. How cool to see it on TV. And of course, I was looking for myself in the press conference - all I saw was my legs... The two guys who are filming for OLN, Rob and Chris, are really great guys. Sure wish I had their job! They get to travel everywhere.


So the Posties have been racing in Europe: Klasica Primavera, Pays Basque, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Fleche Wallone and Amstel Gold. Max will ride the Ronde Van Made on May 2nd. I think that Max has recovered from his fall in Paris-Roubaix. It was such a bummer 'cause he fell in Paris-Roubaix last year and was injured, then, too. Michael Barry said that the average speed in Fleche Wallone was 47 kph. Wow - they really flew along on that tough course! Ryder took 5th in Klasica Primavera, and that was a tough one, too. Floyd, Chechu, Jose, Triki, Jurgen, Benjamin, Tony, Guennadi and Ryder are racing in Europe, riding well and riding hard, but Georgia seems to be grabbing all the glory.


I want to take a moment to say Farewell to Scott Martin, who fought the good fight against cancer. He was well known and loved in cycling community. I saw him and we chatted at the Ride for the Roses, and while I did not know him well, his goodness was just an aura around him. I recall taking some photos of Lance signing items for Scott last October at RftR - I think I will look back thru my tons of photos and send the pics with Lance to his wife....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home