Velogal's Blog

Friday, May 14, 2004

Have just been surfing the Net for Postie diaries. I have my usual stops to check out what is happening with the guys. The most prolific writers are the two Michaels. Michael Barry writes for VeloNews, for Pedal Mag and also posts something up on Paceline, I think. Mike Creed has his own unique view on his website. He is always fun to read. I am continually amazed that Michael B. can find the time and energy after a race to sit down and write. I see a book in his future. Speaking of that, look for a tiny book from me in the next few weeks. Soon, Podium Girl Gone Bad can belong to you! Stay tuned....


When I follow the Tour and write daily reports, as I did last year for LA.com and in 2002 for Active.com, it was always midnight before I even got set up in the hotel and went through the trauma of trying to connect to the Internet on phone lines with cyber gremlins to the max. Everyone thinks it is such a lark, but follwing the Tour, driving hundreds of kilometers every day and then being creative, sending stories and photos on 14kbs phone lines is quite a drain on one's resources. Internet connection problems on a daily basis always stresses me out.

This year I am making arrangements to use my T-Mobile cell phone to connect my laptop to the Internet in cases where I do not have an adequate phone set up. No sure about how prevalent WiFi is in France, especially in the tiny villages where we usually stay. I think zilch... If you have experience with T-Mobile laptop connectivity in France, give me your tips....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home