Velogal's Blog

Saturday, May 08, 2004

The Cat's Hill Classic today was a great race, with about 600 registered riders. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful race. Everything went smoothly and we got a lot of thanks from the riders. I course marshalled at the bottom of the Cat's Hill all day long. Cat's Hill is a daunting 23% grade short climb, and the Pro racers do it about 35 times. Talk about lactic acid build-up.


It was really funny - I kept seeing this guy in a last year's Postal kit that looked like Dave Zabriskie. I was trying to figure out how someone was wearing a Postie kit to race in... Well, I had just received an email from Z, saying that his next race was the Tour of Belgium, so I kept telling myself that I was nuts thinking it looked so much like him. At the end of the race, I was directing the riders off the course, and who should ride up to me but DZ! I said, "I didn't know that you were going to be here!" and he said, "I didn't know that you were going to be here!" One of those you-hadda-be-there things.... I swear, Dave was not even sweating - he looked like he had just ridden around the block, instead of a 23% suffer-fest.


So, anyway, he is racing the Berkeley Hills race tomorrow morning at 7 am, and I am going up to help his girlfriend, Randi, with the feedzone bit....Two long days for me, but I love it


So, Stijn takes a great stage win today at Dunkerque (I like this spelling). I hear it was really crummy, cold conditions. Max comes in at seventh, I think. They are both racing really well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home