Velogal's Blog

Monday, May 31, 2004

I just sat here and wrote a long post, hit publish and got an error message and lost the whole thing. Hello Google - get it together on this blog site revision stuff, OK? So here I go again...


Left San Jose at 6:15 am and flew to Phoenix, where we sat on the tarmac for over an hour due to thunderstorms in the mid-west. Arrived in Philly at 5:45 pm. One of my coworkers, David, picked me up in a new Subaru Official Wachovia race vehicle. So cool, with Wachovia signage all over it and new car/new leather smell. Nice - really zipped right along. Quickly dumped my luggage at the hotel and walked about 8 blocks to an Italian restaurant to have dinner with the Subway and Saeco teams. Sat with the Subway team - really nice bunch of guys.


On my way out of the hotel, I ran into some of the Postie team - Laurenzo Lapage, DS for the Wachovia, and Max Van Heeswick. We did the quick kiss, kiss Belgian greeting, and then the rest of the guys showed up - they were heading out to a different Italian restaurant for dinner. They all looked tough and lean and like they could eat a lot of carbo-load pasta.


Came back to the hotel in that same Subaru and hung out in the lounge until midnight, talking with the head race official and some other folks about the new UCI rules and American cycling. I could talk cycling all night...


Turns out that a lot of folks have aready heard about my Podium Girl Gone Bad merchandise... The DS for one of the womens teams says that a bunch of the gals have aready bought the famous PGGB Thong. I wore my PGGB spaghetti top and carried the PGGB lunchbox, which I use as a leetle purse. Everybody loved the stuff... BTW, my book is now at the publishers, and should be ready by the end of June. Title: The Podium Girl Gone Bad - Behind the Podium Tales from the Tour de France. It will be a really unique gift for the cyclist who has everything. Yes, I will give a copy to Lance and Sheryl - maybe I will even autograph it for Lance.. Whoo Hah, he will grin about that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home