Velogal's Blog

Friday, September 30, 2005



Thursday was a busy day – I ran into so many people that I know. The cycling world is small, and, as I’ve said before, Interbike is kinda like a family get-together. I took this shot at the Hincapie booth. There were two awesome posters of Melanie (George’s wife), modeling items from the Hincapie line of sportswear. I chatted with her for a bit – they had just spent some time with Lance and Sheryl, but are not going down to Austin for the concert.

In case you haven’t heard, the word is that the big wedding will take place in Santa Barbara in the spring at a very posh resort…

Speaking about posh, there was an evening reception for Eddy Merckx at a posh store in the shopping mall at Caesar’s Palace – it sold very high-end watches – it was called something like Tours. I got there late with some photog friends and did not take my camera along. I always regret it when I don’t, but I had packed it around the entire day.

Frankie Andreu was interviewing Eddy, but the cocktail chatter was so loud that we could hear very little from our balcony viewing spot. Someone in the crowd asked Eddy what was his best day when he was riding the Tour, and he responded that they were all good days… He is still loo0king very trim and fit.

I talked with Odessa Gunn for a long time about working together with One Leg Up, an organization in Santa Rosa that rescues dogs. Odessa is developing a program for felines for them: spaying as well as rescuing. Newborn kittens are literally killed by the thousands every month in shelters during the summer birthing season. That’s why Odessa was caring for a dozen kittens that she rescued from a shelter in her area. One Leg Up is really in need of both foster and permanent homes for dogs that they have rescued.

And, there may be a glimmer of hope for that poor dog in Pennsylvania that I have been advocating for. I can’t tell you anything more right now, but I will let you know as soon as I hear something… Keep holding positive thoughts on this one for us…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home