Velogal's Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2005


Kudos to Tom Danielson for finishing the Vuelta in 8th spot in the GC. This was his first big challenge in a three-week race and he certainly accomplished his goal. Michael Barry was such a stalwart support to Tom - MB worked his arse off, and it’s great to see MB in 8th spot for the final stage today. With only four guys left in the last stages, do you realize how hard they had to work to keep Tom in the top 10? Cheers to all of those DC guys: Michael, Tom, Benjamin and Stijn. They truly raced in keeping with this quote (slightly altered) from my Discovery Team Fan Zone:
“Difficulties show men what they are. In case of opponent or hors categorie, remember that fate has pitted you against a rough antagonist that you may be a conqueror, and this cannot be without toil.... Epictetus”

Today is Lance’s 34th birthday and all the best wishes go to him for 34 years of a life well-lived and well-raced as a true sportsman. I’m sure that he must be spending the day with Sheryl and his kids. I have to confess that I forgot to set my PVR, so I missed the 20/20 show on Friday night. Of course, I’ve read the recap of the interview, but what a joke on me to miss it....

Last night, I volunteered to man a donation table for the Red Cross at a 20-year High School reunion at the Hotel Valencia in San Jose. The hotel is fabulous, located in Santana Row, and a real hot-spot, in-place. Santana Row, itself, is a really cool, hip, hoppin’, happenin’ place. The Valencia Hotel management was very gracious to me, and the attendees at the event were incredibly generous to the Red Cross. A big thank-you to everybody there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home