Velogal's Blog

Thursday, September 08, 2005


Been on overload again since I’ve been back from SF - sorting thorough a couple of thousand images is pretty time-consuming. I guess I should be able to identify the Saunier-Duval Prodir guy in the photo - I saw them all three times a day. But I don’t check names at meal time, so I don’t necessarily know each guy by name.... But, no doubt that this rider was suffering like all the other guys on the killer Fillmore climb. I’ve put up two galleries of Fillmore shots in my Velogal Smugmug gallery...

I hear that three or so DC guys went down in today’s Vuelta stage... Haven’t had an injury report, but I don’t see any DC guys on the DNF list. Heras messed up his knee, but kept riding, and Jacob Pill was taken to the hospital with a concussion, I think. Jacob has raced in the US a few times and I usually saw him at the races here: Wachovia or SF or both...

A few of you have asked me who is going, and who is staying with Discovery: I am going to respect the guys and let them make their own announcements, but I can tell you that our team is going to be more international than ever next year.... And will it include The Numero Uno or not?
Only time will tell....

I’m heading up to the Cougar Mountain Classic at the Infineon Raceway this weekend. Check the Link for info. I’ll probably just drive up and back each day on Saturday and Sunday. However, with the price of gas, I probably should just stay in a motel! The race traffic is usually pretty jammed up, whether its cycling or NASCAR, so plan on sitting in a traffic jam and keeping your cool....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home