Velogal's Blog

Friday, August 26, 2005


So, tearing ourselves away from the L’Creep gutter and wiping their stench off our shoes, let’s get back to reality, we got a Vuelta happening tomorrow.... Nope, we’re not gonna get to be glued to OLN every day, dammit.... What’s the next best thing if you live in cycling-deprived countries like I do? I had been doing chants and incantations for Cycling.TV to get the rights and the euros to pay for them, but that’s a no-go. I woulda been glad to pop a few bucks a day for their live coverage... I liked those guys.... When you emailed them, they actually answered back!

So we have the good old standbys: Eurosport.com, Velonews.com and Cyclingnews.com. I’m not sure if Eurosport will have audio coverage - I haven’t looked yet.... I cyber around all three to get the scoop, and pound away at the Refresh button. Good thing those guys don’t type as slow or make as many typos as I do... Of course, we all want instant news....

The Discovery team line-up looks good: Ace, Triki, Tom, Stijn, Leif, Benoit, Benjamin, Michael and Max. Yikes, I just realized that I don’t have it up yet on my DC fan site. We have some strong legs and a great determination to do well - these guys are clean and mean....

I’m working on a photography project, so this is short and...whatever. Thanks so much for all your emails and your thoughtful comments and suggestions. Lance fans are pretty sharp cookies - they know what’s going on....

Team photo is at the 2005 training camp....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home