Velogal's Blog

Friday, September 02, 2005






Hello from Race Headquarters in SF! The teams from Europe are all here – most of Lampre arrived really late last night. We have Gerolsteiner, Lampre, Saunier Duval, CSC, and Discovery here at the hotel. So I have the distinct pleasure of greeting all of those riders three times a day at mealtime. What a great bunch of guys. They all headed out around 10 this morning to do a training ride. Some will brave the City traffic and do the race route, while others will head over the bridge towards Marin.

I was warmly greeted by the Discovery guys – kinda like old home week. Pavel was grinning from ear to ear, so was Tony. They both look so race-tough – Pavel looks in the best shape I’ve ever seen him. Super! The Creed looks really healthy and happy. He may have some news for us real soon… Jason said he is so happy to be with Discovery – he has really blossomed since I saw him at training camp. Haven’t seen George yet – he may be coming in today. Laurenzo is the DS, and Vince and Julien are the wrenches. Saw Dave Z, but he had some press guy talking to him. Ivan Basso hasn’t shown up yet at the dining room… Maybe I’ll see them for lunch.

There is a big dinner tonight: both Discovery and CSC will be there. I will go as the photographer for Threshold… Yeah, I know, I know….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home