Velogal's Blog

Friday, June 24, 2005

YIKES!!! Beware of Flickr!! I just did a test post with a photo from Flickr, and now this template is screwed up. I don't know how to fix it, so bear with me while I do something - maybe run to a phone booth and jump into my Gadge Geek Gal kit...

Tour de France Departure is only a few days away. And I am very bummed to hear from Chris Brewer that there has been a CSE corporate decision that the only Tour reporting on thepaceline.com this year will be from internal staff. They feel that they will have enough staff people at the Tour to give you great coverage. So I am very sorry to tell you that I will not be able to do my Velogal Reports for Lance in this last year of his pro career. Big-time Bummer...

Of course, I will focus on this Velogal Race Blog for my reports, and probably put photos up in my Smugmug gallery or perhaps on Flickr, whichever is fastest. Most likely on Smugmug. And the infamous Go Lance hat will still be Touring along with me. I’m sure you will still be seeing it pop up in strange or interesting places....

Be on the lookout for one of my photos in the Velonews issue dated July 5th. It’s one that I took of David Clinger, and I think its supposed to be on page 56. I haven’t seen that issue yet - my subscription arrives after VN is on the newsstand, and will probably arrive after I leave for the Tour.

I’m wading through lists of piddley stuff that needs to be done before I leave - the packing and all that is no big deal, it’s pretty straight-forward. It’s just all the little details for the month that I’m gone that are time-consuming....

5 Comments:

  • I dunno, I post flickr pictures on my Blogger blog all the time with no problems.

    By Blogger Pete LaVerghetta, At 5:22 PM  

  • Yeah - My bad luck - All I did was post a photo from Flickr and it had a huge blank page underneath it down to my last post. So I deleted the photo in Flickr and the huge blank space stayed here. I republished and published a post and its still there. It changed something in my template coding and I can't find what was changed. I made no changes to my template at all...

    By Blogger velogal, At 5:57 PM  

  • I will definitely be checking your site for Tour de France updates, and I loved Tour de France for dummies. If you're new to the tour, it's a definite must read!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:31 PM  

  • I'll check your blog before I check the Paceline staff reports, that's for sure. Waaaaaaaay more entertaining!

    Ann

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:36 AM  

  • Good Luck on your trip Velogal
    Even though your not on the inside
    reporting loop

    Im kinda disappointed with the PaceLine store myself ( ordered a LiveStrong race shirt June 1 still not arrived !!! )

    Wish Lance Good Luck , from all his Canadian Fans

    JP from Canada

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home