Velogal's Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Sorry, sorry, sorry... I totally eliminated Monday from My World As I Knew It. I was on an airplane (s) the whole day, and it seemed like an eternity. If Lufthansa can give wifi to their passengers, why-oh-why can’t American airlines do the same? I would gladly pay for wifi internet access in the air, instead of a $5 charge for headphones to watch dumb movies (I don’t). So I played jawbreaker on my HP PDA until I ran the battery down. And, BTW, no electrical outlets either. Oh, since you asked, I was on America West - Boy, are their gate representatives ever rude in Atlanta - they either need an attitude adjustment workshop, or to be told to hit the road by auto, air or whatever...

Yeah, no Lance Armstrong Sirius Radio Monday recap because it was a taped re-run - Lance was going in too many directions at once. I asked Higgs (in Blairsville, before the stage start) about how and when they were gonna do the show that evening. I thought maybe your dear velogal might be able to sit in, (quietly with hands over my mouth, of course), and watch the show happening. Alas, it was not to be...

Was Tom Danielson ever walking on air in Georgia - positively floating, yet he was so respectful of Lance. I saw Andreas Kloden being the same way on the podium at the Tour de France - he actually took off his cap and bowed slightly before Lance as a gesture of respect. It was just great to see the team so happy with his win - and so was Johan. Tom is gonna go a long way with a DS like Johan, and he knows it...

Paolo came in second in the Tour de Romandie Prologue TT by just 0.03, and Ryder was tenth by 0.04. Nice riding, guys! And the latest big news is that Cipollini is retiring, effective immediately... I took a couple of nice shots of him last year at the top of Brasstown Bald, right after the finish line.

Thanks to the folks who sent me a “where are you?” email - it’s real nice to know that you are reading every day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home