Velogal's Blog

Monday, January 31, 2005

We got two teams racing now - Langkwai and Qatar. Bummer that Hayden got sick a couple of stages ago and dropped out of Langkwai - he’s back in Belgium now. Michael, Tom and Fumy came on strong in Stage 4 - maybe the D-Men are moving in... Qatar is just starting - our guys are getting their sand legs - I thought the photo of the camel grazing peacefully by the road as the peloton rode by was a real goodie.


I wanted to tell you, in case you were not listening to Lance last night, that he was talking about a new line of Nike clothing that he is helping to design. He said he may call it 10-2, as a symbol of when he was diagnosed with cancer on October 2nd. I can imagine that it will be pretty cool stuff. Lance and Nike have really got a good thing goin’. Saw some pics of Lance doing the show up on TPL this morning - they are really cool shots taken during the show. Everybody is asking me if it was “live” - yeah it was straight from them to us - no taping - no delays. I think that Higgs has a second career as a DJ - he really keeps it going.


Went to a planning meeting tonight for Cat’s Hill Classic in Los Gatos, CA - Yeah, I know, I went to the Sea Otter meeting Sunday morning. But I do two completely different jobs at the two races. A photog buddy asked me this morning if I had made my plans for Redlands yet. Yikes - I haven’t had a chance to even think about Redlands yet. I love going to Redlands because I don’t have to work the race in any capacity except as a photographer.


The big Pro Cycling Tour races here in the US always find me in a staff capacity, and it limits my photography opportunities considerably. Altho last year I ended up at the top of Fillmore and got some shots that I really like. Once I have my course marshals placed at their posts, I am finding that I do have some time for photos there. The Philly Wachovia series is more demanding on my time, and I rarely get opportunities for shots there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home