Velogal's Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I am sitting in the Bulldog Coffeehouse, and across from me are the wrenches, and to my right is George Hincapie and Michael Barry sipping a double espresso, or something high octane, I’m sure. Today’s ride was a pretty mellow four-hour ride, except that Johan sent both groups riding up and down a climb about a mile or two out of Lompoc, heading for Santa Maria. A long sweeping climb to the top, short descent and then turn around and do it again. I think some of the stronger guys did it three times - read Eki for sure.


I saw Eki grinning like a demon again today as he flew down the road. I ran into him on the way to the Bulldog and I said, “Eki, when I see you with a big grin as you swoosh by, it just makes me laugh. You love riding, don’t you?” He grinned the biggest grin, laughed and said, “Yes, I do love it!” That man is awesome!


Remember I said that the guys had borrowed my car? It was returned with a full tank of gas and a box of See’s candy. Gotta love these guys...


Lots of press and camera people following the team today, and very little traffic on the road. It was so exquisitely beautiful - lush green fields - so serene and peaceful. I just blissed out as I followed the guys around this incredible area - it is just a different world than the South Bay where I live. I think that the guys really like riding here, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home