Velogal's Blog

Monday, January 17, 2005

OK - these reports are getting a little repetitious: weather is great, rides are great, and team is great. Lance is great, etc. etc. Alright then, I’m great, too! ... OK, then so I’m not...


Each day as I drive, I’m looking around and seeing stuff that makes me want to grab my Nikon, but no stopping for me. But there is more to Solvang than Danish cookies, gingerbread houses and NeverLand.


Heading out of Buellton toward Solvang, most folks do a double take when they see ostriches running around. If it is a gaggle of geese, is it oodles of ostriches? Anyway, there are lots of them, looking pretty happy. I hope they are kept for their eggs, or for tourists, but I bet they end up on exotic restaurant menus. Speaking of NeverLand, I wonder what happened to all the zoo animals that enticed the kiddies to visit? Hope someone has removed them and/or they are being well cared for now.


Then, I am driving around behind the team and see huge buffalo sauntering around in a field, looking like they do anything they damn well please. Yikes, I see menus again.


We passed a little ranch with miniature Shetland ponies, which were about as tall as a St. Bernard dog. I saw Lance looking them over as he rode by, and wondered if Luke was gonna be riding something with hooves instead of wheels.


My hangout is the Bulldog Coffee House, on the main street by the bookstore. Best coffee is Solvang, best goodies, best owners and free AMD wifi. I am in Heaven, not Solvang...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home