Velogal's Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2005

So Lance and Higgs did their first radio show on Sirius tonight.. They sounded real fine - and guess who was one of the three folks that Lance talked with? Oh Yes - we chatted away about my being his Uber Fan, my Lance tattoo and the Hour record. Lance says he’s going to get “Sam” tattooed on him - I asked him where and he said “to be determined”... He and Higgs sounded so relaxed and cool - you’d think they had been doing it for ever. Lance did say that they had sushi and a couple of beers, so maybe that helped him be mellow - The sushi, of course...


He was talking a lot about doing the Oprah show - set your Tivos or PVRs - it is on Feb 11th. It sounds like a great show - his mom and Sheryl were there, and I guess Sheryl did one or two of her new songs. Lance said that Oprah is his Mom’s idol. I guess you all know that Linda has written a book about Raising Lance, and it will be out this Spring.


I said something about my co-authored Tour de France for Dummies book, and he and Higgs started laughing and said that I got the plug for the book in. But honestly, I hadn’t planned on mentioning it or anything! They were teasing me about donating $$$ to construct a covered velodrome, and I said I’d cover it with the millions I was going to make from the TdF for Dummies book. I didn’t even think about “plugging” the book when I called in.... But, since we are mentioning it - when you get ready to buy it, be sure to go to my website and click through to Amazon from there, OK - I need the bucks . And also click thru to subscribe to Sirius - I should have the logo up in a couple of days....


Anyway, it was great talking with them, even if I had just seen them at training camp.. Both Lance and Higgs are really cool, funny guys.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home