Velogal's Blog

Friday, January 28, 2005

Well, we have cycling stuff going on now - Yes! Big news is that Lance is going to have his first radio show on Sirius this Sunday evening. I surfed through my Dish satellite guide and, much to my relief, it shows that I get Faction. Wonder how many people will call up to talk to him on the air. I betcha the phone lines will set a record for callers that Sirius has never seen before. And their ratings will skyrocket - it’s the Lance magic that always happens. Maybe I’ll call up and see if he’ll talk to his home girl.


So poor Fumy crashed in the last couple of meters in the first stage of Langkawai. Sounds like he will still be in the race, and I guess the new crash rule that nobody likes actually helped this D-Man to keep his finish time. The guys in the two teams have really been doing some heavy duty traveling, and didn’t get to Malaysia early enough to even get over jetlag, much less to get some training done. I think they are gonna come on strong as the days go by.


Went over to my Web Guru’s house this morning and we added some Flash bells and whistles to the D-site. She is at www.nicerpage.com. She is the webmaster for the Los Gatos Bicycle Racing Club’s site, www.lgbrc.org and she is super at web design. Yeah, I belong to LGBRC, but I’m a helper, not a racer. I love the Cat’s Hill Classic crit - we are starting the planning meetings on Monday.


And I go to the first planning meeting for the Sea Otter this Sunday. Yep, I’m smiling - the cycling season is starting. And the buzz about the Tour of California is making me smile, too. Hope what I am hearing about Threshold Sports being involved is true, ‘cause if it is, then I will be working that race, too. Sounds like if it goes, it will be in 2006. And if 2006 brings Lance to Colorado Springs for The Hour try - well, I have family there, so you know where I will be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home