Velogal's Blog

Friday, June 18, 2004

Hello from Redlands! I arrived this morning, and drove the course – pretty mean – no piece of cake, for sure. It will really be a challenge for the guys, who do not start racing until 12:30. It is hot and really polluted down here. I pulled over on Panorama Point for a look - the horizon was covered with an ugly brown haze. The riders are saying they are choking while they are riding, and the heat makes it worse.


I went by Redlands Cyclery and walked in the door to find Fast Freddie sitting on the floor, stretching out. He was getting ready to preview the course with a local guy. I warned him about the road conditions on some parts of the course – really rough and a lot of loose dirt and gravel on the descents. Lots of narrow, tricky curves… Freddie invited me back later this evening for a poster signing and a sample of his coffee. Good stuff..


Talked with a nice guy, Art, who is the manager of the store and told him about my Podium Girl Gone Bad book, which should be ready in about week. He says he is gonna order it for both the Redlands and Riverside shop, so look for it there in a couple of weeks, if you live in the area. If not, ask your local shop or bookstore to order it. Or you will be able to order it directly from my booklocker.com site - the page should be up in a week or so. I'll give you more info in about a week - the ISBN number, etc. And it will be up on www.podiumgirlgonebad.com. It will be a really unique gift for the cyclist who has everything.


Can’t wait to see Dave Z in his championship jersey tomorrow, if the riders are allowed to wear their championship kit – the race rules may prevent that. But wouldn’t it be cool to see DZ and Freddie both in their stars and stripes?


Hopefully, I will have some good shots to put up in my gallery tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home