Velogal's Blog

Monday, June 27, 2005

The Monday morning Lance Armstrong Live Strong Sirius Faction Radio Report: Re-run.... The show that started with Lance picking his teeth - the one right after the Live Strong Gala in Austin.... the one right after Luke had his tonsils out...

I really want to thank all of you who have written to me about not having the Paceline gig this Tour. I guess that I hadn’t realized how many folks like my Tour de France reports, and how much you all like them! So, I promise you that I will continue with the same reports here on my blog, and pics on the smugmug gallery.

And, yes, the infamous Go Lance Hat still exists - I won’t give it up, or change to a new one. The same Go Lance hat that flew off my head at the 2003 Ride for the Roses, while I was riding in the back of the Media truck, just ahead of Lance and the riders. The wind blew it down the road, hopelessly and impossibly out of my reach or retrieval. Back down the road, Lance leaned over low on his bike, snagged my Go Lance hat with one hand, held it with teeth, stood up on the pedals and accelerated up to the tailgate of the truck. With a grin and a “You owe me one”, he handed my precious Go Lance hat back to me.... He instantly became my Hat Hero. Click on the link to read my story and see the pics.....

My Go Lance hat will go to the Tour for the 5th time this year. Since it has proudly worn the US Postal Service logo every year, it needed to be modified slightly. I took LiveStrong stickers that I got from Jerry and Angie at the LAF booth in the Tour of Georgia and glued them on top of the USPS logos.

Now, I must tell you that I flunked Cut-and-Paste in Kindergarten, so my revised version looks a little schlocky, but well-loved. Well-worn, well-loved and a little wrinkled. True for me and my hat.... I’ll do a Tour 2005 hat pic real soon - maybe before I leave on Wednesday morning.

2 Comments:

  • Enough about the hat, how are you doing with the nail polish toe art this year? Wink wink! A

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:57 AM  

  • Loved the story about the hat, and the pictures of Lance were priceless.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home