Velogal's Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Cycling Gods have smiled on me and I have found a sponsor for Tour de Georgia! Yes - happiness is heading out for a cycling race. I spent yesterday afternoon making lodging arrangements - Blairsville was a toughie, but a call to a nice gal at their Chamber of Commerce gave me a line on a place. Blairsville, which will be the start of final stage of the TdG, has only three or four motels. I think that the Tour of Georgia folks have all the motel lodging booked for the night of the 23rd. If you’re going, bring your tent...And I bet that Lance will bring some of the big guns along - maybe revise some schedules.


So Max got pipped on the spring at Ruta del Sol in Stage 4 and took a third place today in Stage 5. Cyclingnews.com first reported that Max had won and I was pretty stoked and put it up on the site. Went back a while later and saw the revised results. Not bad, tho - Max pipped Zabel to take third..


Every headline in the world, it seems, has the Lance Armstrong going for Seven story. Everybody is saying they knew it all along and I told you so... Uh huh...Right. Be sure and check out the new MikeCreed.com site - it’s just going up, and looking pretty good. I sent them a couple of photos of Mike from camp and they’re in the photo section. Mike is a cool guy and a hard worker - real determination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home