Velogal's Blog

Sunday, February 18, 2007



Levi Leipheimer took the prologue TT win by just a hair, but that's enough to let him ride victorious into his home town of Santa Rosa tomorrow. If you take a look at the images of Levi in my Smugmug gallery, you'll see a determination on his face that was unstoppable. Great day for Levi and great day for the Discovery Team.

It was just great in San Francisco and the crowd was huge... I ran into so many of my cycling friends that it was just like class reunion time. Anthony of cycling.tv tapped me on the shoulder and gave me a hug as I was talking with Odessa Gunn, who also hugged me. She, of course, was ecstatic over Levi's win. Lots of folks came up and thanked me for this blog and my smugmug gallery - that was really nice to hear, and I thank you all for reading.

I got caught in the most horrible traffic jam after the race ended - I was trying to figure out what I did last year to have missed the traffic. I guess I stayed pretty late hob-nobbing around, and missed the jam-up...

I took tons of photos, but I'm too fried to put up more than a few... More prologue images next week...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Hi Velogal,
    Thanks for the ToC coverage and photos.
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that Levi Leipheimer looks very similar to Lance? I don't think I've seen Levi in the flesh so he may look completely different, but when I see photos of him, I have to have a double take.
    Keep up the good work
    Cheers
    Fiona

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home