Velogal's Blog

Friday, February 02, 2007


I was getting shots of the team rounding the corner from Hwy 246 heading up Drum Canyon. when Lance Armstrong spotted me. "SAAAMMMEEE", he yelled at the top of his lungs as they flew by... The guys had a long ride yesterday, going out west of Buellton, up Drum Canyon and Cat Casyon and on up to the top of Figuroa.

This morning, everyone heads down to Ojai, and risks their lives riding on the busy major highways. I am heading back to San Jose, and I'll be kinda holding my breath till I hear that everyone made it OK. There is just so damn much road rage against cyclists, and, while there are many patient, courteous drivers, all it takes is one nutcase to kill somebody.

I remember a few years ago when we were training in Arizone, some redneck guy in a huge truck went ballistic on a narrow mountain road, and passed the team and cars on the right side, on a curve. He was driving fast in the mud and sliding all over the place - it wasn't flat and was the most stupid, scary thing I'd seen. If one of the guys had moved a foot to the side, they would have been killed.

So I may check out the CSC team training this weekend and try to get some images up.

Thanks for reading my training camp reports again this year!

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for "bringing" training camp to us. You are the best.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:27 PM  

  • Did you see that Discovery Channel Challenge that the Team is doing ... www.thepaceline.com/challenge ... Pretty cool with all those prizes and also supporting Lance. What do you think?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home