Velogal's Blog

Monday, August 28, 2006

Watched the Vuelta on cycling.tv - still freezing up periodically. What a joke on me (if not anyone else) that the frame froze up just the instant the guys reached the finish line in the blazing sprint. I got this unending freeze frame that looked like what the officials use to determine the winners’ wheels on the line. It was like the Cyber Gods were pranking me right at the finish line... I never saw the winner’s arms raised or anything else about the finish.

But Thor Hushvod stays in the Leader’s Jersey by eleven seconds. I’ve said before what a nice guy he is and such a devoted family man. Well, one of my long-time readers (and one of my top course marshals at the first Tour of Georgia) just sent me a note about an entry in Saul Raisin’s guest book. Yep, it was from Thor, before Stage 3 started. Here it is:

Thor and Mads from C - from Spain
Signed on: Mon 28 Aug 2006 04:06:32 EDT
Hello Saul! Just a quick hello from Tour of Spain. We getting ready for the 3rd stage, and I've the leaders jersay. So my team mates have to ride, but think they are happy to work, and defend this jersay. We all thinking about you, and had a talk about you this morning at breakfast. We looking forward to the day when you're back! Take care, and keep the motivation up my friend!

Taking time to think about and write to Saul from La Vuelta.... Yes, indeed, Thor is one nice guy.... And, thanks, Joan, for the heads-up.

We need to hear more about the good stuff that happens all the time in the peloton - cyclists are really a bunch of nice guys and the cameraderie is very much alive. Speaking of that, my blog that was about Matthew McConaughey and “Failure to Launch” has generated a lot of comments, most about Lance rather than McConaughey. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and I’m sure that you all know you are not gonna change anyone else’s mind, But I commend all of you for keeping you comments civil and not flaming anyone. And I know that everyone is gonna pull together in the fight against cancer and for cancer research and support.

And don’t forget about the Tour de Pink on October 6 - 9, 2006. It’s a benefit ride for The Young Survival Coalition - the focus is on young breast cancer survivors, and breaking the cycle of breast cancer. Follow the Link to find our more and to sign up to ride with some strong women cyclists, like Dede Barry and Mari Holden. And I’ll be there driving a support vehicle. Come on, gals and guys, and join us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home