Velogal's Blog

Friday, August 04, 2006

Whoah - it's been quite a while since I blogged in. Right now, I'm in Provo, Utah, looking out at a cloudy, overcast morning. Things are in a whirl here, getting the Tour of Utah ready to go on Monday. Lots of last-minute details to take care of. This is gonna be one tough race, especially Stage 4 and Stage 6. I wonder if some of the teams that signed on really realize the kind of riding they will have to do in those stages.

Same old stuff going on in the cycling world.. He did it - He didn't do it.

Everybody has their own opinion, based on what they read in a frenzied media race to keep things stirred up and sell news. The press interviews everyone they can find, from has-been pro racers in America or Italy or Spain, from coaches to doctors to labs - none of whom has one iota of credible, factual, first-hand information about the facts in the allegations. As soon as it is in print or online, it becomes the God's Truth, and people swallows the "information"- hook, line and sinker. All the "information" that can be bought on the sly from lab asistants, all the leaks from "unnamed UCI officials". All the self-serving ravages of confidentiality, privacy and ethics: everybody has their own agenda, their own promotions or attempts to keep their jobs or status, or just plain selling-out. You got Euros? Then you got "information". But if you read it somewhere, it must be right.

The media further whips the frenzy with quotes out of context, snappy, slurring headlines and the usual, standard innuendos. We all become experts in the matter, expounding our superior point of view that we have derived from the media stories and sound bytes - exhibiting anything from pity to scorn on anyone who thinks differently.

Come on people, the reality is that none of us know crap about what the truth really is - me included. I don't think he did, but that is just what I think - not what I know... So please don't send me anymore emails telling me why you are right - You don't know, OK?

Very sad to say that the only thing that has taken away the cycling headlines was the appalling, drunken crap out of the booze-saturated mouth of Mel Gibson. And you know what I THINK? In vino veritas - in wine there is truth....

Here is something heartlifting and heartbreaking to take your mind away from cycling stuff. Follow the Link to see the photos and story, then go to the website and do something to make yourself feel really good today...

3 Comments:

  • I REALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON FLOYD. NOW EVERYONE I KNOW, WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CYCLING HAVE BECOME EXPERTS ON LAB TESTING ECT BECAUSE THEY READ IT OR SAW IT ON TV. I REALLY FEEL VERY SAD ABOUT THE WHOLE THING. I HOPE FLOYD CAN COME OUT OF THIS WITH HIS HELD HIGH. I AM STILL WAITING FOR TYLER TO PULL ONE OUT OF HIS MESS.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:03 PM  

  • I never liked Floyd but when this whole doping thing came out I hoped that it was all a huge mistake. The term innocent till proven guilty came to mind. ( This was not however used for Basso and Ulle who I still think should sue some serious Tour ass)

    The test came back positive, which is very sad for cycling and very sad for Floyd, but that sample said possitive,nothing else matters I think. Yes, the media are in an absolute frenzy and talking crap most of the time but why are you focusing on that when the second sample tested positive. Im no expert, and I dont intend to be but that is that, just because people are voicing their oppinions, there is no need for the others to go out. Where's the free speech policy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:45 AM  

  • I can understand why cyclists use doping products, because it is one of the hardest sport in the world. And they are just young men that make errors like everybody else. But why do they lie against all evidences ? These lies have saddened me more than anything else. I hope Floyd will finally say he was wrong and come back after his two years ban ends. Then he would get a second chance like every man must have.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home