Velogal's Blog

Saturday, May 06, 2006


Sweeet! Il Falcon, Paolo Savoldelli, smoked the Time Trial of the Giro d’Italia this morning. He was eleven seconds faster than the second place Brad McGee. The Discovery Channel Team must be totally stoked right now. If that doesn’t send a message to the rest of the teams, I don’t know what would. Sean Yates and Laurenzo Lapage are riding in the team cars as head honchos, and I’m sure that Lance will show up, too...

In case you don’t know, Jason McCartney is writing a daily blog on OLN TV. In yesterday’s posting, he says he has learned that other riders recommend urine for bee stings or mud - Jason wonders if a paste of the two might be the remedy.

Well, if there was a live-streaming of this stage, I guess I missed it. I woke up early and went to cycling.tv and nothing was there. I went back to bed and fell asleep - when I woke up, Savoldelli was on the course. I caught that on the live updates from VeloNews and Cyclingnews.com, but didn’t find it on cycling.tv. So then I thought that maybe one has to tune into the live-streaming from the OLN TV website, but I couldn’t find it there, either. If you watched it this morning, let me know where you found it... I paid my $19.99 and I wanna see it all!

2 Comments:

  • I watched the coverage on cycling.tv

    But it is under the OLNTV section. NOT the premium.

    I had to pay an extra $20 but I'm so sick for cycling so it was worth it.

    Impressed with:
    Savoldelli, Gutierrez of Phonak (huge dark horse), Danielson, Cunego and Simoni - McCartney rode well

    disappointed with:
    Basso
    Rogers
    Pena
    Julich

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:01 AM  

  • Hey - Thanks to those who clued me in... I knew I was being a dodo about it... I kept clicking Premium....

    By Blogger velogal, At 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home