Velogal's Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

Floyd gets flicked by CAS and is ordered to pay USADA $100k. Disgusting that CAS took so long to just follow the party line, which is what everybody expected them to do... ASO's tentacles are reaching everywhere. Now even to the Amgen Tour of California...

Speaking of ASO, the Tour de Farce starts on the 5th, without Astana and their top riders. I wish all the American riders well, but without Astana, it's going to be pretty bland...

Guess it took this appalling decision to shake me into posting after such a long absence...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Love this blog. I enjoyed it a lot in the past, good to see a post.

    I originally supported Floyd. And I still feel that there are major flaws in CAS and ASO. All rider samples should be marked in a blind manner so as only to be identified by computer, and then sent to random labs in all countries. Sending the samples only to French labs, reeks of impropriety.

    That said, I'm not fully convinced Floyd is innocent. Who knows what happened. It's the uncertainty that is most disappointing. And to bad for Pereiro.

    The French want it to be their race. Lame.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:53 AM  

  • Well, good to see you keep on blogging! This blog is between my favourites, so please do not stop!
    I am watching the TDF, though I miss many riders such as the Astana team and Tom Boonen. Obviously I do not agree with the Tour bosses, some decisions seem to be taken biassedly...

    By Blogger Froggy64, At 8:20 AM  

  • Hi Velogal,
    What do you think of the news that Lance is making a comeback to professional cycling?

    I am over the moon.

    Cheers
    Fiona

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home