Velogal's Blog

Friday, March 31, 2006


As you may have heard by now, cycling.tv has partnered up with OLN to provide live-streaming video coverage of the Giro during the week. The news release says, “Cycling fans will be able to watch the Monday through Saturday stages of the Giro d’Italia, without commercial interruption for only $19.99. Sign ups will begin on April 3. All video will include English commentary and will appear in an OLN video player powered by Cycling.TV”. I sure wish they would do the same for Le Tour!

I had a look at the cycling.tv site, and that’s where you’ll sign up and view the Giro on a screen that is titled OLN International TV. I was hoping it means that this coverage won’t be strictly North America (as OLN TV is), so that all of you can see the Giro on cycling.tv, but when I went to pay up, it said USA only. Bummer...

And be sure to remember to turn off your pop-up blocker before trying to access the payment window. All the registry and payment screens are pop-up. After I turned off the pop-up blocker, I had to refresh a few times and finally put the narrow step payment page on my allowed list, but then I used my PayPal and it was a snap...

Well, Leif Hoste was the shining star at De Panne, and so was the Discovery Channel Team. Isn’t it great to see some other names on the podium this year? My dear old grannie had a saying about a person keeping their light under a barrel, (or something like that), and I think many DC riders will now start to shine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home