Velogal's Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2005


Sitting in my hotel (it’s Sunday night) and thinking about Robin Williams’ hysterical monologue on Friday night. In this photo, Robin is telling us more than we’d ever want to know about a proctological exam – complete with sound effects and graphic details. I was just a whoopin’ and a hollerin’ in good ole Texas style. The entire crowd was almost rolling on the floor laughing. Me, too…

With Robin, the louder you laugh, the more it eggs him on – he was just bouncing off the walls. I just love the guy. And he was so great after that high-energy monologue – he patiently posed for pictures with so many people. He was sweatin’ like a hawg, and looked exhausted, but he smiled and posed over and over again. No wonder people love him…

The ride today was great – I have pictures, but there is so little disc space on my drive that I can’t download them on my laptop without it creaking and groaning and freezing up…

Anyway, Lance was flying along – he didn’t have the kids with him – it was just too early – the ride started at 7:30 am. When we stopped in Elgin at the Survivor’s Rest Stop, I gave him a bad time, or tried to, anyway. I said, “Dude, look at those hairy legs of yours – Yee Gods.” He said, “No way… No way, am I ever gonna shave my legs again! Never!” He was having a great time, and did a couple of sprints with some of the guys. He was grinning from ear to ear – The Man still loves to ride…

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the updates. Without your reports, we would never get a behind-the-scenes look at what's going on. The more I watch cycling, the more I decide that I like shaved legs on men--I hope it becomes a new fashion trend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home