Velogal's Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Ai Yi Yi! Exciting stage 14 finish - Il Falcon remains in Pink, but DiLuca gave us a scare in the last couple of klicks - when he and Simoni attacked, Paolo was hanging on. Paolo is in pink by only 25 or so seconds now - Simoni is down something like 1:28, but DiLuca is back only about 25 seconds in the GC. Paolo was 10th in the stage. This will be well worth watching this afternoon on OLN. Basso drank too much cold water and got stomach problems, his team doc said - he was close to 20 min back.... Bet his hard-working team is disappointed, too....

I was following on cyclingnews.com, but the guy doing it today was giving updates every 6 or 7 minutes, so I jumped back and forth to Eurosport to follow the action. Eurosport is a good one to watch.... If you’re like me, I want to see something about the race every couple of minutes - I don’t care about typos or anything, just give me some kind of piddley description of the action, and I’ll happily pound away at the keyboard and refresh, and be the HomeGirl DS, as Lance calls me...

And Popo takes the Catalunya! Way to go, team - great riding by Popo and super support by the DC guys who were working their arses off for a team win.... Huge Cheers for them all....

Would this be an awesome TdF team if Lance, Popo, Paolo were there, in addition to Chechu, Triki and Ace? All climbers and a couple of roleurs? What a decision to make.... And no Eki, dammit.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home