Velogal's Blog

Friday, January 27, 2006


We arrived in Ojai in fine form… The guys just flew right up Figuroa and Gibralter – nobody got dropped. When we arrived in Ojai, they looked they had been for a ride around the block. This team is in tremendous shape already – they got legs bigtime. Speaking of that, Roger Hammond has the biggest calf muscles I’ve ever seen on a cyclist – his legs are like pistons…

I took this photo over my shoulder while driving out of Solvang – I guess this guy is a big Lance fan, but I had to keep him behind me so he wouldn’t get up with the guys and impale someone or put their eye out. He looked like a court jester with horns, and I can only imagine what the locals said as they drove by him.

So huge thanks to the fans beside the road as we came down the climb into Ojai. It was great to see the two little gals with the Discovery signs cheering the guys on – they loved it. And thanks to the Velogal fan who was there. Actually. many thanks to all the people who have come up to me with such kind words about my blog, gallery and podcast. I put a lot of time and energy into my reports, and I’m glad you all enjoy them so much…

I put some shots from today up in my smugmug gallery – check ‘em out… Link is below..

2 Comments:

  • Velogal,
    I was talking with the "wrenches" yesterday, Friday, at the Solvang camp, regarding all the logisitics the riders go through to reach their next destination. They mentioned each takes his custom bike in a special "bike bag" that travels on the planes, etc. Perhaps you could do a feature with photos, of course, that covers that angle of this very mobile sport. It would be cool to read and see how they get these almost $5,000 bikes safely from point to point now that they don't have the luxury of truck transportation. BTW, thanks for the great Solvang coverage! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:31 AM  

  • LOVE your blog! This is awesome.

    By Blogger Chico Cyclist, At 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home