Velogal's Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2006



Ok, Peeps, get a grip. The gossip about Lance and Sheryl is just that.... gossip. Do you believe everything that you read? The definition of gossip is “Rumor or talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature”. This is how gossip columnists make their living.... If they write it - it has to be sensational... I bet that every gossip writer has a list of Sensational Couples and when things get slow, they throw a dart at their list and whatever name comes up, that’s the target of the day. If they don’t create sensational headlines, they don’t keep their jobs rolling around in the slime. Each day or week, they have to come up with some sensational gossip - the truth doesn’t enter into it.. People - Do I really have to tell you this?

Lance finally told the Austin American Statesman that he hated to ruin the story, but he and Sheryl are still very much together. OK... end of story....

Thanks for reminding me about my Monday morning Lance Armstrong Sirius Faction Radio report... It has been a series of re-runs the past few weeks. This past Monday, it was a re-run of the show before the Emmy Awards, and the Monday before that, it was the re-run of the Grant Lee Phillips show, and before that, I think was a re-run of the show with Ben Harper talking about floaties in the swimming pool.

Maybe Lance, Higgs and I should do a live Sirius show from training camp... Yeah, I know, very funny...

I went for the first time to Mac World yesterday, thanks to a good buddy blog reader. Wow, I loved it! There wasn’t any cycling stuff, but it did combine my two other favorite things: computers and photography. Two outta three ain’t bad.... I had a blast!

3 Comments:

  • What a sweet photo.
    According to Goldie Hawn, she and her partner had twenty years of that bull****, and it pops up every six months, she can set her watch on it. Nice thing to look forward to for Lance and Sheryl.
    What bugs me about this week's gossip **** is that it's not just the slimebags who bought into E-Online's crap. The Austin Statesman printed "Which is it, Lance?" thus challenging him to respond. You'd expect more class from a newspaper who are on such good terms with him. If they really thought it such a burning question, they could have contacted his people. They sure lost some of my respect. And Lance did what they wanted him to do, he responded. I hope his "sorry to ruin the story" makes them realize how ridiculous they behaved. Not classy.
    Ann

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:28 AM  

  • So which is it, Samaraye? Getting maried, splitsville, fertility clinic? I'm on the edge of my seat here!

    By Blogger Pete LaVerghetta, At 3:13 PM  

  • I'm with Fixie on this one except I've already fallen out of my seat and am now sitting on the floor, how about you give us the low down?

    Please hurry, this is uncomfortable down here!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home